Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lack of Energy Was Defining My Life

I couldn't help it - the complete lack of energy I had kept me away from friends, family, and at times... work too. I wanted to enjoy the great relationships I had developed over the years but I just didn't have the get up and go I needed to motivate myself to go see people or do things. Commitment to do anything was something I couldn't make myself do. My life, my friends, my job all suffered because I couldn't muster the energy to keep going.

I Tried Just About Everything
I had tried allergy medications, but they turned me into even more of a walking zombie. I tried diets. I tried exercising myself to exhaustion. I tried anti-biotics. Nothing worked and I was in a deep depression. Eventually I had resigned myself to the truth that this was all my life was going to be.

I Didn't Know It Didn't Have to Be This Way
Hindsight is 20/20 the saying goes... My doctors kept telling me that I was suffering from a virus infection which would clear up in a few days... and they'd send me away. But because I always felt crummy... it never occurred to me that my doctor might be wrong. My symptoms were not short term. My fatigue was chronic. Day in, day out, my lack of energy was just enough to keep me from enjoying my life.

It Doesn't Have to Be the Same for You
If you aren't feeling your best day after day, fill out the brief symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment