Sunday, June 21, 2009

Always So Tired - My Battle with Chronic Fatigue

I was always so tired. I would go to sleep at night just dreading the coming of morning. I knew that when the sun came up I simply wouldn't want to join it. If it was raining outside... forgeddaboudit!

I Had Become a Zombie
My inability to participate in the human race was causing me to just barely live. I could make myself get up to go to work and trade some of my time for some money, but outside that I could barely function at all. I would wake up tired and spend my day just trying to make it through without (getting caught) falling asleep on the job. Thank heavens I had an office to myself - I'm sure that had I been in a cubicle somewhere I would have been toast long ago... but that's another story.

My Doctors Couldn't See the Forest Through The Trees
I had seen various doctors (general practicitioners) over the years but I never really had a history long enough with any one of them for them to be able to say, "Hey Jane, you really seem to be sick and tired a lot. What's really going on?" I would constantly get throat infections, felt like I had fever all the time, and just generally felt lousy.

I Had All But Given Up On Life
I had resigned myself to the belief that this might be all there is. If I had not had some amazing friends I might have simply dwindled away the balance of my days because I simply had given up the fight myself. It was only once prodded by a friend to try acting that I realized how much of life I was missing... and that my energy level was far below that of most everyone I knew. Something was dreadfully wrong, and I needed to do something... ANYTHING... to try to get better.

Get Diagnosed Today

Research Was Critical
The expansion of medical related information on the web was critical to helping me figure out what was wrong with me. I was able to compare my symptoms of chronic fatigue with the testimonials of other fatigue sufferers and finally start to get some answers. I owe a lot to the efforts of researchers and others in the medical community who have worked tirelessly to document the vast number of illnesses the cause people to turn into walking zombies and be always so tired. I didn't want my life to continue this way. I got facts, I got treatment, and now I'm feeling the results. I'm not always so tired anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment